Views

Thursday 26 March 2020

English 26th March

CHAPTER 15: THE FORBIDDEN FOREST

ORAL SUMMARY


Attention! This activity is challenging. I need you to read all the instructions super slowly and follow the steps one by one, in the correct order. 

Have you ever written a summary? Yes! 
Do you remember the story I told you for Halloween? I hope so! 

Today, YOU are going to tell me the story. YOU are going to be the narrator. It's going to be an ORAL SUMMARY. Let's start...


1) Look at these 10 words. Make sure you understand all of them. If you don’t, look them up in a dictionary.

DETENTION – FORBIDDEN FOREST – BLOOD – PATH – MOONLIGHT – BRANCHES – CLOAK – CENTAUR – BOW – WOUND

2) Watch the video below. It has no volume on purpose.

3) Organize the 10 words in the order you want to include them in your oral summary, according to the video. 

4) Next to each word, write some ideas about the important things that happen in the video. You may need to watch the video 2 or 3 times. The more you write, the easier it will be.





5) This is what you need to do: ask your parents for a mobile phone. Play the video with no volume, and NARRATE what is happening in the scene. Record it as an audio file

6) There are some rules:
- You need to narrate the story in the past.
- You have to use all the words from the list.
- You should try to sound spooky.
- You must make sure that you produce your best pronunciation! Check the pronunciation of the key words here: PRONUNCIATION DICTIONARY
- You need to coordinate your voice with the images that are appearing in the video.

7) Extra tip: You might want to write down your summary before you record your voice, to make sure you are including all the words.

8) Still not sure? Weeeeeeeeell, I recorded myself as an example!!! (only a little bit, I don't want to give you all the solution...) 


Send me the AUDIO FILE before Sunday!

Comment if you have a question. 

15 comments:

  1. M.A.L.L.
    Is very dificult.
    But is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite activities are difficult and cool hahaha

      Delete
  2. I have already donde it and I really liked doing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. K.R.H:we have to write yes or no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you want to, but it will help you organise your ideas.

      Delete
  4. IVM I think it's a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!

      Delete
  6. Violeta the words that you already used we have to used another time or no???
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!
    You need to narrate the whole video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. E.S.D
    Hi Violet, we have to start like you or invent a other thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry I just received this comment. I would prefer if you did everything on your own, but I will accept it if you want to use my beginning to help you a little bit.

      Delete
  9. I.A.R.
    is dificult but is fun this activity i liked ;)

    ReplyDelete