Views

Tuesday 14 April 2020

English 14th April


CORRECTIONS

Remember to correct in red, copying all the solutions. You must have the same information as me. Keep your notebooks clean, organised, and make sure everything is in the correct section. I WILL CORRECT YOUR NOTEBOOKS.

Prepositions and adverbs: make sure you use the preposition or adverb PROPERLY in your sentence.

Since: I have been a teacher SINCE I was 22 years old, SINCE the year 2012.
Until: I will work UNTIL lunchtime. I will stop after that.
Above: The projector is ABOVE the smartboard. It’s suspended from the ceiling.
Below: The underground is BELOW the streets of San Fernando.
Beside: Will you seat BESIDE me at dinner?
Across: Walk ACROSS the road to get to the bakery.
Through: Ghosts fly THROUGH the walls at Hogwarts.
Forward: Normally, people move FORWARD in order to walk.
Backwards: He jumped BACKWARDS when he saw a cockroach.
Often: I OFTEN eat carrots, they are yummy!
Daily: Have you finished your DAILY yoga practice?
Soon: We will go back to school quite SOON, hopefully.
Away: Put that awful thing AWAY from me!
Quickly: They ran QUICKLY towards the door to open it.
Instead of: Can we colour using markers INSTEAD OF crayons?
Around: She had to turn her car AROUND when she saw there was no exit.
Ago: Many years AGO I learnt to play two musical instruments.

 Questions: your answers need to follow the format.

Today is Thursday, 18th of March, 2020
Answer these questions:

a) What nationality are you?
My nationality is ___________ (Spanish, Romanian…). I am from ___________ (Spain, Romania…). My country is in __________ (Europe, America…).

b) What do your siblings do?
My _________ (sister / brother) is a __________ (student, teacher, doctor…). His / her job is interesting because … _______________________
My _________ (sister / brother) works as a ____________ (plumber, chef…)

c) What time do you get up during weekdays?
I get up at ______________. I need to __________ (have breakfast, get dressed… ) before I go to school at 9 o’clock.

d) What kind of music do you like best?
My favourite kind of music is ___________ (pop, rock…) because….. My favourite music / band is …. ___________ because….___________.

e) Which person living or dead do you most admire? Why?
The person I most admire is ___________. I admire this person because he / she is / was ________________________ and ________________________.

f) Tell me something about the area where you live.
The area where I live is ____________ (San Fernando de Henares). There are _________(describe parks, restaurants, schools…)

g) Tell me something about your hobbies.
My hobbies are __________________. I like them because______________________.

Bitmoji Image

Now, play this game to review prepositions. It’s not as easy as it looks! 


Comment if you have any questions about the activities or the online game. Can you get to round 9?

39 comments:

  1. Teacher one question: the answers of the prepositions and adverbs it's not the same as i have because this i remember that we start in class.And i dont have space to copy other sentences. BYE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect you to have exactly the same sentences. You just need to make sure that you used the prepositions and adverbs correctly!

      Delete
  2. I only get to round 8.
    D.S.D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violeta i don't understand what we have to do wiht the prepositions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to mmake sure that you used the prepositions and adverbs correctly in your sentences!

      Delete
  4. CSD
    Violeta do we have to copu exactly the same answer as you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect you to have exactly the same sentences. You just need to make sure that you used the prepositions and adverbs correctly!

      Delete
  5. I reached NINE.YES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go to the round 9 and i finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go to the round 9. Yes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A.B.N I finisih the 9 round and I like I lot this gane

    ReplyDelete
  9. E.S.D
    I get to round 9 and i won it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I.A.R.In the game i go to the round 9. and teacher in the activity of inglish the question you put thursday 18th thst is for thursday o for to day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursday 18th of March is the day when you should have done it.

      Delete
  11. Yes teacher I can get to the 9.
    S.G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IVM I get to round 9!!! I can't believe it!!!๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…

    ReplyDelete
  13. AAG:Im sorry violeta , i can get to round 8 because a don,t have more oportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A G H
    Hello Violeta in this game you said it was difficult but it seemed easy you are absolutely right.
    I got 8 out of 9

    ReplyDelete
  15. I.C.A
    I like the game so much, I get in round 9

    ReplyDelete
  16. I failed un the round 5.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the game, it's so funny but the round that is very nice is round 8
    P.P.B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I passed all the game. HSM

    ReplyDelete
  19. M.A.L.L.
    I like the game so much, I passed all the game.

    ReplyDelete
  20. J.M.B
    I've made to round 10, I liked it very much because is very fun

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, I have reached round 9 and I loved it. A.E

    ReplyDelete
  22. E.S.D
    Hi teacher!
    In question E, we can put two people?

    ReplyDelete
  23. IML
    Hello, yes I can go to round 9

    ReplyDelete
  24. N.H.R.
    I have one question,can you go away from something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You usually GET away from something. :)

      Delete
  25. I’ve got to level 9. Cool game , but the time was quick.
    R.Z.L

    ReplyDelete
  26. i pass round 9 J.G.A

    ReplyDelete
  27. ASL
    YES! I got to level 9

    ReplyDelete
  28. TGP
    Yes, I get more than round 9

    ReplyDelete