Views

Thursday 16 April 2020

English 16th April


1) CORRECTION

Here are the corrections for Chapter 15.

Remember to correct in red, copying all the solutions. You must have the same information as me. Keep your notebooks clean, organised, and make sure everything is in the correct section.
I WILL CORRECT YOUR NOTEBOOKS.

SENTENCES CORRECTION: Your sentences need to look exactly like these ones:

1) Things couldn’t have BEEN worse.
2) Filch took them DOWN to Professor McGonagall’s study on the first floor, where they SAT and WAITED without saying a word to each other.
3) He couldn’t see HOW they were going to get OUT of trouble this time.
4) How could they HAVE been so stupid AS to forget the Cloak.
5)  Had Harry THOUGHT that things COULDN’T have been worse?
6) ‘I think I’ve GOT a good idea of what’s been GOING on,’ said Professor McGonagall.
7) You, Miss Granger, I THOUGHT you had MORE sense. As for you, Mr Potter, I thought Gryffindor MEANT more to you than this. All three of you will RECEIVE detentions.
8)  ‘Fifty points EACH’ said Professor McGonagall, breathing heavily THROUGH her long POINTED nose. ‘Professor – please –’ ‘You can’t –’ ‘Don’t tell me what I can and CAN’T do, Potter.
9) ‘No – no – not again, please –’ It sounded as though someone was THREATENING him. Harry MOVED closer. ‘All right – all right –’ he heard Quirrell sob. Next second, Quirrell came hurrying out of the classroom, straightening his TURBAN.
10) The FOLLOWING morning, notes were delivered to Harry, Hermione and Neville at the breakfast table. They WERE all the same: Your detention will take place at eleven O’CLOCK tonight.


QUESTIONS CORRECTION: If I wrote information that you don’t have, change it or add it to your own sentences.

1) Where was Ron when Harry and Hermione came back from the forest?
Ron was asleep in Gryffindor’s common room.

2) What does Harry say ‘is written in the stars’?
He says that “Voldemort is going to kill me” is written in the stars.

3) Who is the only person Vol… ‘You-know-who’ is afraid of?
The only person You-know-who is afraid of is Dumbledore.

4) What did Harry find under the sheets at the end of the Chapter?
He found his Invisibility Cloak folded under the sheets. It had a note that said “Just in Case”.


2) IRREGULAR VERBS

You need to study all the list! So add the final ones that we didn’t study before…

Play these games as well to practice:



Bitmoji Image

Comment! How many points did you get? What is easier for you, the past simple or the present perfect?

39 comments:

  1. Hi...I dont know because the mouse dosent works well maybe later :)

    LMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 38800. I think that both are easy.
    D.S.D

    ReplyDelete
  3. In both I got more than 100.000!
    Both are easy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.M.B
    I got 498.000, I think both are easy

    ReplyDelete
  5. SSM
    In the past simple game I do : 41050 points
    In the present perfect game I do:6000 points.
    For me the easiest game is the past simple game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Violeta, in the past simple game I got 86.200 points and in the present perfect game I got 10.800 points.
    I think for me is more simple present perfect.
    See you soon S.G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IVM Hi!! I got 231.550 points in the past simple game and 5.650 points in the present perfect game. Both are easy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emm, in past simple game, i got the 7th possition of record with 509050 points. I spend to play 1 hour J.G.A

    ReplyDelete
  9. A.B.N
    I got 50.350 point in the past
    I got 45.050 point in the presente

    ReplyDelete
  10. M.T.M

    I got in the past 39.000
    i got in the present 50.600

    the present is more easy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Violet!!!! In the past simple I got 50.456 and in the present I got 49.500.
    P.P.B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A.E Hello,in the past simple game I had 32.800 points and in the present perfect game I had 5.700 points.The past simple it more easier for me than the present perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I.A.R Theacher in the game of the Past simple i do 245.678 points 6 psition i spend like 1 hour and 15 minutes to go to that posision and in the present perfect game i do 6789 in the 19 poticion but this is more dificult that the past simple. Teacher how are you ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! That must be a record!

      I'm fine! Thank you for asking. Missing you all!
      Are you doing ok?

      Delete
  14. IN THE PAST I GOT 1850 AND IN THE PRESENT 5200POINTS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    I scored in the game of irregular the same ! that is 33550 points :) And my easier are the same I think.TGP

    ReplyDelete
  16. M.A.L.L.
    In the past I get 50.750.
    In the present I get 150.450.
    Is more easy the present.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HSM
    In the past simple game I got 202950 points and in the present 5800 points. For my is more easy the past.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Y.A.C.C
    Teacher i can't enter in the two apps of the past simple and the present perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to copy and paste these links:

      1) https://www.gamestolearnenglish.com/past-tense-game/

      2) https://www.gamestolearnenglish.com/perfect-tense-game/

      Delete
  19. A G H
    Hi Violeta in the past simple game I get 39.050.And in the present perfect game I get 8.000
    More easier is the present perfect game

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got 100.000 and for my is more easy the presente perfect

    ReplyDelete
  21. I.C.A
    In the Past I got 135.800
    In the Present I got 5.600
    Both are easy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi teacher in the games I made : in the past 47.700 points and in the present I made 5.400 points . I found them easy :)
    E.V.C.

    ReplyDelete
  23. C.M.M.
    -I got 130000 in the past.
    -I got 4700 in the past.
    For me is easier the past tense.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pasta simple 41.350
    Present perfecto 30.590
    Byeeee��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this English or Italian?
      DOUBLE-CHECK BEFORE SENDING!

      Delete
    2. AAG: I won in past simple 41.100 points and the of present perfect 32.052 points. For me the most easier is the past simple.

      Delete
  25. IML
    In past simple I got 42000 and in present perfect 5400. I think that was more easier the past simple

    ReplyDelete
  26. Present perfect 5000
    Past simple 56100
    It's more simple the past simple.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1st Game:12.450
    2nd Game:5310
    it's easier the second
    AMB

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aty
    I got 35650 in the first game , and the second game 6870

    ReplyDelete
  29. A.B.N After I study in this weekend I got 90.340
    I put very nervus the time.I had mistakes silly

    ReplyDelete
  30. In the past simple 50.000
    In present perfect 40.500
    BTP

    ReplyDelete
  31. I’ve got 74.646 points in the past and 54.534 in the present.for me the past is esier
    R.Z.L

    ReplyDelete
  32. ASL
    I got 987.000 points In the past simple game.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I got 300000 points

    ReplyDelete